September 08, 2010

Babies


Has anyone seen this movie? It came out Mother's Day weekend and only to a select theaters but I got to see it last week on OnDemand and I thought it was the cutest thing ever! I love that they took babies from different regions of the world and documented how they were each being raised in their first two years of life and their cultural differences! It's not a movie with commentary, unfortunately. I definitely would've loved some commentary to explain some of the cultural differences going on. There is some maternal nudity in the video, which, shows how babies are feeding almost constantly but it's not a sexual type of nudity and there are NO down below labor shots! Whew!  My favorite baby (am I allowed a favorite?) was Bayar! He had the cutest cheeks and the prettiest hair!! I definitely would recommend this movie to sociologists, cultural anthropologists, mothers, and anyone who likes documentaries!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...