August 22, 2010

New Jersey

*Forewarning: This post is picture laden and LONG =)*
Our summer has un-officially come to an end with our trip to New Jersey. Last Saturday we made way back to our old stomping grounds and planned to vacay, instead, we ended up visiting galore, which was fun and stressful, in and of itself.

We spent most of the week on Chris' dads boat, which was the most amazing way to end the day!! Boat rides on the bay never get old and it's the life! Let's just say I love coastal living ♥

Sailboats!

Logan enjoying his nightly boatride!

I mean really, how could anyone not love this view?

We went and visited with family, who we miss sooo much, especially after seeing how all the babies play so well together!
Logan with his cousins, Leigha, Ally, & Natalie
Logan with his cousin Audrina
Look at the love!
Logan with his friend, Joseph
His cousins taking him for a walk. Yes, Logan is in a pink toy and only because it was a free grandma find! Ha!

We took Logan to Jenkinson's Boardwalk & Jenkinson's Aquarium in Point Pleasant, NJ, with our friend Mel & her daughter, Jaclyn. It was hairy for a minute there because Logan got sunblock in his eyes, it was hot, and one of Logan's teeth decided it wanted to pick that day to start poking through and causing pain! After a dose of water in the eyes, some Baby Orajel on the gums, and a cool down at the aquarium things were happy again!
Fishie ride!
Jaclyn & Logan were inseparable too! He wouldn't let anyone else hold him or go to anyone else!!
Watching penguins!
Mel & I
All done, with Jenks that is!

We mixed the week with some dips in the pool, jet skiing, crabbing, and eating ice cream. I had ice cream 4 out of the 8 days we were there!! Jeffreeze's was the BEST ice cream I had! Stewart's Root Beer ice cream came in second!
Here I am learning how to jet ski!!
The crabs we caught!
And here's the man who's I got to spend one incredible week with. He makes the world a brighter place, makes my dreams a reality, and he's always supportive of me. I couldn't ask for a better man and I wouldn't. (Get ready for my gush moment!!) He completes me. ♥

It was a great trip and I absolutely loved seeing and spending time with everyone. Granted there were some who we didn't get to spend time with, but I think Chris and I have come up with a plan so that next time that doesn't happen. I loved watching my son interact with his family. He poked a new tooth while we were away, he turned 17 months old, and he said "Grandpop". All of these memories I wouldn't trade for anything, ever! I do have to say, though, I'm happy to be home! Yes, home, in TN. I didn't realize how much I would miss it. Maybe it was because I missed my bed or because I missed my laid back routine, but either way, I missed my home in TN and I'm so glad to be home. =)
XO

1 comment:

Liz said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! And your little man had no shortage of playmates. It is SO much fun visiting family after being gone for a while. That is exactly how I feel every time I go back home to PR.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...