July 09, 2010

Oh So Delish!

Whoa! I've taken a back seat to blogging, huh? I think I've been in a blogging funk although I have come on to read my favorites!

Last night I made the most delicious, easy, and colorful (summerish) dish and all courtesy to Giada DeLaurentiis!! I love Giada, her products, her food, well I could go on forever! Ha! Now it looks intense but trust me it's not!! I almost didn't make it because it looked intense! I made no changes except that I only used one bag of peas and thought it was too much! Oh and where it says serve immediately, do so!! I waited for Chris to buy the cheese and it was done long before he came home and it got cold fast, even so it still tasted good!! So here it is & Bon Appetit!

Pasta with Tomato and Peas

(Their picture =)

(My picture, not quite like there's but I didn't want my sauce completely watered down!)
Ingredients

•1 pound linguine
•3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
•3 shallots, chopped
•2 garlic cloves, minced
•1 carrot, diced
•1 teaspoon salt
•1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
•5 tablespoons tomato paste
•1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
•1 teaspoon dried thyme
•1 teaspoon dried parsley
•1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
•1/4 cup grated Parmesan
•1/4 cup grated Romano

Directions
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving 2 cups of the pasta water.

Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic, carrots, salt, and pepper. Cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Add the tomato paste and 1/2 cup of the hot pasta water. Stir to melt the tomato paste and create a sauce, adding more pasta water if necessary. Stir in the oregano, thyme, and parsley. Gently fold in the cooked pasta, peas, and the cheeses, adding more reserved pasta water if necessary. Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...